Sports injuries and chiropractic care
Sports injuries are frustrating because they can stop you from doing the things you really enjoy. People feel that they lose that competitive edge through no fault of their own.
Whatever your sport from tennis to football, golf to cycling and boxing to refereeing you can bet that the top exponents have used Chiropractors to get themselves back into shape. That goes for professional and weekend players alike.
Our experience with Sports injuries
We have had a number of patients tell us how their golf handicap has improved since being under chiropractic care and at our practice you will see a long list of professional athletes who have used chiropractic as the answer to their persistent injury problems.
The most frustrating thing about sports injuries is that they often re-occur – this is usually due to the fact that the cause of the problem has not been found and corrected.
To help find that cause of re-occurence of the injuries we offer:
- A Private Consultation with the Doctor of Chiropractic at our clinic in South Woodford
- A Thorough Examination including Neurological, Orthopaedic & Blood Pressure Tests all included
- X-Rays, if necessary are included too
- And most importantly Verbal Report of our Findings and thorough Explanation of the X-Rays at a follow up appointment
- Personalised recommendadtions will be given, which may include streching and exercise advice, plan of treatment and relevant postural and lifestyle recommendations.
After this you should know more about your body and the problems you are experiencing than you ever have before. Whether you go ahead with treatment as always is entirely your decision.
Call our Chiropractic clinic in South Woodford for an Appointment with a Chiropractor on 02089893338
Burn, L., A Manual of Medical manipulation, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1994.
Ezzell-Nelson, M., The 16 Million Dollar Man, John Smoltz Atlanta Braves, Today’s Chiropractic, pp. 61-65 May-June 1993.
Faye. L., D.C., Good Bye Back Pain, Tale Weaver Publishing, 1990.
Hochschuler, S., M.D., Texas Back Institute Back in Shape, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1991
Kellet, J., Acute Soft Tissue Injuries: A Review of the Literature, Medicine and Science of Sports and Exercise, Vol. 18, No. 5, p. 489-500, American College of Sports medicine, 1986.
Lauro, J., D.C., Mouch, A., D.C., Athletic Performance Improvement, Journal of Chiropractic Research, January 1991.