Pins and Needles
Waking up with pins & needles in the hands is not uncommon and the condition often disappears within an hour or so. For some however, the pins & needles sensation is persistent, can come and go at other times of the day.
Dizziness and balance problems
This can is sometimes accompanied by other symptoms such as dizziness, loss of balance and even temporary blackouts.
This can be very worrying for anyone experiencing this problem and diagnosis can be difficult with the patient hearing differing answers from different practitioners. But there is one thing that you can be absolutely sure of – something is causing the symptoms and that cause needs to be found.
This may sound obvious but when people take various prescription drugs to mask the symptoms this does little to curb the problem in the long term.
Simply put, the cause of pins and needles,dizziness must be found and corrected. Especially it needs to be addressed if it is related to your neck.
To help find that cause of pins and needles and associated symptoms we offer:
- A Private Consultation with the Doctor of Chiropractic at our clinic in South Woodford
- A Thorough Examination including Neurological, Orthopaedic & Blood Pressure Tests all included
- X-Rays, if necessary are included too
- And most importantly Verbal Report of our Findings and thorough Explanation of the X-Rays at a follow up appointment
- Personalised recommendadtions will be given, which may include streching and exercise advice, plan of treatment and relevant postural and lifestyle recommendations.
After this you should know more about your body and the problems you are experiencing than you ever have before. Whether you go ahead with treatment as always is entirely your decision.
Call TODAY for an Appointment at South Woodford Chiropractic Clinic on 0208 989 3338
Calliet, R., M.D., Hand Pain and Impairment 3rd edition, F. A. Davis Company 1983.
Calliet, R., M.D., Pain Mechanisms and Management, F. A. Davis Company 1983.
Kendall, F., McCreary, E., Muscle Testing and Function, 3rd edition, Williams and Wilkins, 1983.
Kirk, R., D.C., Lawrence, D., D.C. Valvo, N., D.C., States’ Manual of Spinal Pelvic and Extravertebral Technic, 3rd edition, National College of Chiropractic, 1991.
Norkin, C., P.T., Levrangie, P., P.T., Joint Structure and Function: A Comprehensive Analysis 2nd edition, F. A. Davis Company, 1992