Whiplash and neck pain common causes
Whiplash injuries are most commonly caused when a car is struck from behind and the occupant’s head is suddenly jerked back and forth beyond its normal limits. Other collisions and sports injuries can cause a whiplash injury. Frequently patients do not make the connection between the problems they have suffered with for months or even years and the injury that caused the problems. So the real damage is often delayed…
Symptoms of Whiplash
In addition to neck pain a whiplash injury can cause headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, pain in the shoulders, arms, hands and more. Do you find it difficult to look over your shoulder? Do you feel tension and pain in your neck at different times of the day?
Remember that your neck supports your head which is very heavy – you do not have to have experienced a whiplash injury to suffer from neck pain. Whatever the cause it needs to be found and corrected.
To help find that cause of neck pain we offer:
- A Private Consultation with the Doctor of Chiropractic at our clinic in South Woodford
- A Thorough Examination including Neurological, Orthopaedic & Blood Pressure Tests all included
- X-Rays, if necessary are included too
- And most importantly Verbal Report of our Findings and thorough Explanation of the X-Rays at a follow up appointment
- Personalised recommendadtions will be given, which may include streching and exercise advice, plan of treatment and relevant postural and lifestyle recommendations.
After this service, you should know more about your body and the problems you are experiencing than you ever have before. Whether you go ahead with treatment as always is entirely your decision.
If you decided to call us for more information or to book your first appointment please dial 020 8989 3338
Breig. A. Et al., Effect of mechanical Stresses on the Spinal Cord in Cervical Spondyiosis Neurosurgery., 25; 45-56. 1966
Harrison. D., D.C., Spinal Biomechanics. A Chiropractic Perspective Journal of Clinical Chiropractic 1992
Kirk,R.,D.C., Lawrence, D., D.C., Valvo, N., D.C., States’ Manual of Spinal, Pelvic and Extravertebral Technics, 3rd edition, National College of Chiropractic, 1991.
Maynard, J., D.C., Healing Hands, 4th Edition, Jonorm Publishing, 1991.
Schafer, R., D.C., Faye, L., D.C., Motion Palpation and Chiropractic, 2nd edition, Motion Palpation Institute, 1990.
Strauss, J., D.C., Chiropractic Philosophy, 3rd edition, Foundation for the Advancement of Chiropractic education, 1994.